Join Today

FNBO just sent me a check for $300!

Never mind my last post. I just got off my lazy butt, went outside to get my mail and there was a check from FNBO for $300 and a note saying they no longer needed a deposit to keep my card open.

I just don't know if I should request a CLI or try to PC. I thought about going into a branch, talking to a banker and opening a savings account with the $300 if they would let me PC to a rewards card. On the upside my card now has no AF and will start reporting as unsecured. The only thing is my CL stayed at $300.

What should my next move be?

Be it right or wrong, I just requested a $300 increase for a total CL of $600. The part I don't like they always do a manual review and it takes 5 to 10 days to get an answer. They said they would first do a soft pull but if they couldn't grant the increase based on the soft pull it would be a hard pull.

I'm just afraid I'm wasting a hard pull

FNBO cards aren't that common here, and I'm not sure who else has had an FNBO secured card.

Hopefully someone can give you good information, but I'd keep looking elsewhere.

I just don't know if I should request a CLI or try to PC. I thought about going into a branch, talking to a banker and opening a savings account with the $300 if they would let me PC to a rewards card. On the upside my card now has no AF and will start reporting as unsecured. The only thing is my CL stayed at $300