Join Today

What type of account do I need?

I want to open an account specifically for paying off some items I bought off ebay. The account will be open less than 2 weeks. I want no minimum deposit requirements and no charges. I don't need interest. I won't be using it for loans either.

I do not have any direct deposits that can be added onto the account or any automatic bill paying.

Ideally I would be interested in doing a "Try-It-Free For 2 Months" type deal but I can't find banks that are doing that in my area.

The only reason I need to open this account is to pay with paypal. Paypal requires you either link your account with them through your bank or credit card. I don't have a credit card.

Any ideas?

Try your local credit unions. Their checking accounts operate just like a large bank's checking accounts. Normally they wont have minimum balance requirements, besides $1 to keep the account open. However, if you can't find one, normally the account fee is around $5 a month and almost always your first month is free. I actually heard recently that chase is giving their new customers $100 as soon as you use your debit card 5 times, no matter the amount of your purchases. However, I am not sure if that is only in California. You could actually make some money off the deal if you use that option.

To piggy back on your comment Scotos, credit unions offer an array of benefits and there fees are as taxing as regular banks.

lol looks like something fishy is going on..what wouldn't you want to keep your account open beyond two weeks if it doesnt cost you anything?

look at UPside card, for 2 weeks, I do not think they charge