Join Today

What to expect on my last day of work in my current job.

Hi all,

I handed in my work notice on Monday after 10 years in my current job due to another opportunity which I couldn’t turn down

Anyway at the age of 32, this will be the first time that I’ve experienced this (currently working 2 weeks notice period) and therefore I’m wondering when that day comes what to expect

I’m not a person that wants fuss but I have a feeling that I may well get a tiny bit emotional and I’ve already had about 8/9 people ask me about leaving as it was announced on the company email!

My question is on that last day 6th Dec, do I go in as normal and work?? I’m a tiny bit nervous so any advice to people in that situation would be appreciated

Work as normal. They will probably have a small leaving present or leaving do at lunch but every company will be different. You may not even be asked to work the notice. Depends on the job as 2 weeks seems a short notice period.

Go to work looking forward to the appreciation of all your colleagues when they present you with an iPhone X in recognition of 10 years service.
    Anything less just walk out thinking "mean barstewards"

do what my previous bosses did, get hammered at lunchtime and miss your own leaving presentation.

It really depends on whether you are part of the popular crowd or not.

If you are then you can expect a big fuss. If not, then you’ll maybe get a card if you are lucky.

It really depends on whether you are part of the popular crowd or not.

If you are then you can expect a big fuss. If not, then you’ll maybe get a card if you are lucky.