Join Today

Feel like my head is going to explode!

Long time lurker and love reading inspiring posts...shame I don’t seem to get anything I should be doing into action!
    I am a single woman, one son of 18 at home and I’m self employed. I have over the years racked up debt. Not to blame anybody..I thinks it’s been sometimes trying to keep myself happy, my son happy, buying things or having a holiday and not having the money so putting it on credit cards or going overdrawn. I do suffer sometimes depression and anxiety and now it seems to have escalated to a situation I can’t see getting better bette4 for a long time.
    I don’t sleep well or sleep a lot, can’t seem to see the wood for the trees and feel that my finances are just all over the place and I don’t know where to start! Can anybody help me see a way to get this under control? I probably need to do a SOA? Thanks for reading

Welcome to MSE.

Yes your correct, an SOA will tell us your situation.

Once we’ve seen it, then we can move things forward.

you may also benefit from talking to a debt charity step change is as good as any, they will help you BUT not charge you for doing so.

Yes get the SOA up and be prepared for the advice which will come your way!

Start but knowing the facts. If you don't know what comes in or out its hard to make a plan. Folks here will suggest ways to make savings then you can start to tackle the debt. Number one - don't borrow anything further and live on less than you earn.
    No matter how bad it feels, there is a way forward.