Join Today

Buying Porsche with IRA money

I have the money in both a ROTH and Traditional IRA to pay cash for a used Boxster. I don't need the cash flow from this money and am considering liquidating the $30,000 required for this purchase.
    I do work a part time job and would put all earnings directly into the ROTH to replenish the fund.
    Please share your thoughts.

A Boxster? Ew. There are motorcycles with bigger engines. I'd get a Dodge Viper. There's no replacement for displacement.
    An old Vette with the 454ci engine (I think around '69 - '74?) would be sooooo much cooler than a Boxster.

Can't really say much without knowing more about your situation but it would be really tough to give up the tax benefits, especially for a roth. What about an auto loan?
    I haven't driven a boxster but in general I love the way German sport cars handle.

A Boxster? Ew. There are motorcycles with bigger engines. I'd get a Dodge Viper. There's no replacement for displacement.
    Have a 2001 Boxster S now and looking to upgrade to a 2013. Love the handling!!