Join Today

Thread: Goodbye

Goodbye

After a decade on DS I've decided to delete my account. Go cold turkey and get away from all the negativity on GD.
    But I didn't want to go without taking a moment to thank the posters on here. Over the past few years I've posted quite a lot about my family, and I just wanted to say how grateful I was to everybody who took time to offer advice and good wishes. I can't tell you how much it meant to have sympathy and support during the most difficult time of my life. There are many kind people on here; too many to mention individually. But I'm grateful that you took the time to comfort a stranger. Thank you.

You could just suspend your account and see if you want to come back in the future?

The thing about forums is that you are not obliged to respond to anyone, especially negative comments. You can just move on and and engage with posters you enjoy communicating with. After ten years though, you know that so, I'll just wish you all the best

Hope you're ok. GD can be a dumb nasty place at times but don't let it bother you. It seems to be that some people are just unhappy and want to drag other people down with them.

I've tried on several occasions to cut back the time I spend on here, but I always come back. Recently though I no longer feel welcome on GD - too much negativity on there. Time to move on.

You've got to do what you've got to do. Just take a posting break. Don't let people on here get you down. You don't know the vast majority of them anyway here and IRL, so it doesn't really matter anyway. Come back when/if you're ready and don't give a shit about most on here. They are just names on a screen.

Concentrate on priorities. That is what is going on around you. That is your family, relatives, friends, co-workers etc.