Join Today

I can find 8% investments - Am I missing something??

Perhaps being thick, naive or both. Was looking for the best paying fixed ISA was seeing figures of 1.85% but then found a couple of companies offering 8% for the same period.
    Are these companies such as London Capital Investment rouges or are they not listed for another reason??

Thanks in anticipation

I invested 5k with them last year for 3 years. Any suggestions what I can do or do I "just hope for the best"??

Hope they don't fail and lose the lot. And in future stick to mainstream and go by the adage that if something is too good to be true....

There is a world of difference between a fixed term deposit getting FSCS protection and an unregulated loan note/bond that is not even a retail product and doesn't get any FSCS protection.

Indeed!!
    Its not an excuse but saw and FCA number and "thought" that meant they were legit!!
    Everything crossed now for 3 years!!!!!

There is a world of difference between a fixed term deposit getting FSCS protection and an unregulated loan note/bond that is not even a retail product and doesn't get any FSCS protection.