Join Today
    Airbladerqo

Are you building your retirement life?

This morning I was thinking about my retirement-coming up on two years. Beyond doing more of my existing hobbies and not going to work, not much planning. Finances are ok. Then I discovered, wait this ain’t working!

I didn’t want to rush into a bunch of activities just to fill my time, so for the last year and a half I’ve been building my retirement life. It looks like this: three days a week volunteering, getting more involved with friends and being open to new relationships. A service club and I am on a commission. Expanding on hobbies and playing music. I don’t care for travel, so not that. I live in vacationland as it is.

Ajamesmib
    I think you are on the right track. If you enjoy your work and can I would see if you can go to part time work as part of your journey to retirement.

Well, we have a plan on how we will spend out days, which isn't hard as we have a lot of interests, and as always, a lot of chores.

I'm a planner by nature, so I always discuss what DH wants out of a given situation, how he sees it as being, and then merge in my views.

I do the same thing for trips, "do you want relaxation? party? lots of activities?"

I think life goes better with a plan, but not being STUCK on any plan.

Albertsmine
    I prefer winging my retirement...I had enough of planning and looking ahead when I was young and working.

Now it's time to sit back and enjoy whatever the day brings