Join Today

BoA refuses to give full refund on unjustified fees

2 years ago, a bank clerk offered me to upgrade my account. The upgrade was free as long as I had enough money on the account. Since then it's always been the case.
    About 2 months ago, after opening a new account at the same bank, I discovered that I had been charge $20 a month!
    I called them right away but they said they can only give refund for 1 year 1/2. What about what is missing?
    Is it illegal? What can I do to get full refund?

nothing new there, they have their own recovery program, you need to check when they informed about changes etc and then talk to a lawyer, also check if there isn't a class action lawsuit already, BoA has so many pending

Good advice about the class actions! I had not thought about it.
    Looks like they indeed have a lot...

That is very inspirational to carefully check the statement each month

The banks makes hundreds of millions of dollars on people not checking their statements. If you're not expecting to have a fee, and normally don't check your statement, it may pass by you for months. Once you do realize it and go to the bank for a refund, their reasoning is always, "These fees are too old to refund now, why didn't you take care of this months ago?".

Get out of the BofA . They were going to rip us off from $1,500 in fees. They didn't want to return the money. I told them I wanted an appointment with one of their CEO's. It worked they gave us back our money. BofA is a thieve . This is not customary of all the other places I have banked with.