Join Today

When do Fidelity fund buys go through?

I'm thoroughly confused on this as it look to be all over the shop.

Sometimes you buy an OEIC and it appears within a day, other times 2-3 days.

I can't find anything concrete on their website, apologies if I've missed it.

I think it depends on the Fund Manager. For example, Janus Henderson take 1 day but Baillie Gifford take 2. I have not experienced 3 days.

I have seen the same with HL.

In this case it's a mix, seen 2 days with Fundsmith, Lindsell Train, and SDL funds.

You have the dealing point and then the settlement point. The funds you have will state their dealing point and settlement point in their documentation. It's not Fidelity. I cant recall what level of prefunding Fidelity do.

Fidelity's software is not real time.

Various platforms will have their own policies for receiving and placing orders. For instance they may say instructions received before 8:00 or 11:00 or whatever will be placed at the next valuation point. I don't know what Fidelity use, perhaps someone here can say or just give them a ring. Different funds will have different valuation points, often midday but some like Vanguard are 21:00. So it depends upon when you place your instruction and into what fund