Join Today

Tax - TSR guide and questions thread

Over the past few days, I've been working on a full re-write of the TSR Wiki article on Income Tax and National Insurance for students. This re-write is now complete (or as complete as a Wiki article ever can be!), and the guide attempts to cover all of the common issues that have come up in the previous Tax sticky in this forum. Hopefully this will now be a useful resource to any members who have questions about how these taxes affect them. I've arranged that this thread will now replace the previous sticky in Money & Finance.

If anyone has any suggestions for further topics that they'd like to be addressed by the article, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I realise that the nature of the Wiki means that anyone can edit it, but I've spent a considerable amount of time re-writing this article so I'd ask that anyone considering making any further non-minor changes let me know before doing so.

I'd also highly recommend as a further resource the Tax Guide for Students from the CIOT's Low Incomes Tax Reform Group, a very extensive resource tailored specifically to student situations produced by the UK's leading professional body for tax advisers. This goes into a number of issues that aren't covered by my guide.

Its very well written actually - cannot think of anything to add.

Think you now just need a detail sticky on student loans

im still working and havent left my job and just wnna know how can i claim my tax back as ive been taxed to much.