Join Today

Best Offset Mortgages

My mortgage deal is coming to an end soon so I thought I would move to an offset mortgages as me and my wife have quite a lot of savings that are not earning a great deal.
    I am looking at 100k mortgage over 20 years - our property is worth 225k. We have approx 80k of savings.
    I bank with Santander at the minute.

I am hoping (in theory) that this will be the last mortgage deal I have to do and I stay with this offset until my mortgage is paid off. I hate the fact every 3 years or so changing deals, as I think I cant change jobs so I feel trapped because of my mortgage - some mortgage providers wont give you a mortgage if you have not been with the company long.
    Just wondering who the best provider is out there.

Lifetime tracker offset are thin on the ground.

If you just picked a lender that has decent retention deals you don't need to worry about changing jobs.

If you are offsetting 80k of 100k mortgage in reality you will only be paying interest on 20k, so having a slightly higher interest rate isn't so important. Also, this is how ours works, your payment calculations are based on not offsetting, so you will pay it down relatively quickly.