Join Today

ISA providers that allow In Specie transfers?

Ive recently had a Sharesave with my former employer mature. Paid in c.10k with shares now worth around 18k. I’ve read that a facility exists, known as “In specie”, whereby within 90 days of a Sharesave maturing, I can move the shares without having to sell then re-buy them back and so stay invested. Does anybody know of or can recommend an ISA provider that allows In specie transfers from a Sharesave so that I can also protect dividends and Captial Gains from tax?

You have not made enough profit on them to incur CGT - unless they are not your only Gains this year.

1st question- if you had 18k in your bank would you think !!!8220;I want to spend it all on those particular shares!!!8221;. For many people the answer would be no and you would be better off selling them and using the money to open an ISA and buy something more appropriate like a diversified multi asset fund.

iWeb owned by Halifax supports this and have an attractive ISA fee structure for a long term static investment. You would open the ISA account first then complete the online (or below paper) form to start the transfer.

http://www.iweb-sharedealing.co.uk/P...reTransfer.pdf

ps. I would also look to diversify as holding shares in a single company is extremely high risk.

Alex

MallyGirl – I already have this years CGT allowance targeted for shares I cant shelter from tax so Im still keen on an In Specie transfer.
    Additionally, I know 18k shares in a single company is high risk but these have historically been good to me, continue to provide great dividend income and as they only represent c.10% of my portfolio, which is otherwise pretty low risk passive funds, I’m happy to run the risk for now.

Alexland – As above re the risk, but many thanks for the pointer to iWeb and the link to the pdf.

AJ Bell YouInvest or Hargreaves Lansdown, they both can facilitate an in specie from your sharesave.

www.youinvest.co.uk
    www.hl.co.uk